# The official title is “Student Council at Lighthouse International School (LIS)”
# 등대글로벌스쿨 학생회 임원단
# Develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
#Promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
# Improve student/faculty relationships.
# Improve school morale and general welfare.
# Provide a forum for student expression.
# Plan special events or projects.
# Financial support from the school
# Student Fees: 5,000 won per semester
# Donations are accepted at any time
# The main Student Council members will include the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Public Relations Officer (Term: One school year)
# The supporting cast of the Student Council will include the Class Captain and Vice-Captain of each class; M6 – H12 (Term: One semester)
# Elections will be held at the end of every spring semester for the main Student Council members. (Class Captain and Vice-Captain will be voted at the beginning of each semester)
# 회장 (President): Will lead all student council meetings and represent the students of LIS in internal and external affairs. The President will be elected by the student body of LIS and must receive more than half of the student bodies vote to be elected. Must have attended LIS for two semesters or longer. Only upcoming H11 and H12 students can run for president, unless there are no qualifying juniors or seniors.
# 부회장 (Vice-President): Support the President and in the situation where the President is absent, the Vice-President will take the role of President until the current President is back in action. Only upcoming H9-H12 students can run for Vice-President.
# 서기 (Secretary): The secretary should always take notes of what goes on during meetings and keep them on file at all times and for future reference.
# 홍보 (Public Relations Officer): Will take care of contacting members about information that needs to be shared or notice members about when the next meeting is. Also, this officer will be in charge of any announcements needed to be made.
# Qualifications to be one of the main Student Council members:
– No records of suspension, and cannot have more than one warning throughout their High school career (2 Labor School = 1 Warning)
– GPA of 3.0 or above.
– With the exception of the President and Vice-President, all other officer positions are available to students going into grades M7 – H12 and must have attended LIS for at least one semester.
– To get into the Student Council by recommendation (one by the newly elected President, the other by the Teachers), the Student Council advisor must approve them in order to be a member on the Student Council.
# Qualifications for Class Captain and Vice-Captain:
– No records of suspension, and cannot have more than one warning throughout their Middle/High school career. (2 Labor School = 1 Warning)
– GPA of 2.0 or above.
– Class Captain will be picked by fellow classmates, while the vice-captain will be chosen by the homeroom teacher
# The Advisor of the Student Council will be the main go-to person in charge of the Student Council. He/she will be in charge of the financial part for the Student Council as well. The Advisor must be a full time employee at LIS.
– Other faculty and staff members, which includes the Headmaster, Principal, Vice-Principal, Chaplain, etc. will always communicate with the Student Council Advisor first if anything needs to be brought up to attention.
# Student Council oversees and works closely with the Student Police members, which are students who are picked by the student council through recommendation; with the approval of the student council advisor; to maintain the order on campus amongst students (Term: One school year)